Thursday, March 5, 2009

MNRB Scholarship Interview 2009


Last month, I received a letter of interview from MNRB for risk management. yeah it's not what I want to do in the future, so I decided to go there to get the experience only.

Last couple of days( 3/3/08), I went to Damansara. On the way, I met Izzat@Badang from class of 07 because he was on the way to Lagenda College. I arrived at Hentian Duta around 6.00 pm and my dad's friend picked me up to Taman Duta.

Next day, he sent me to Damansara Heights and we arrived at Malaysian Re Building around 9.00 am although the interview started around 10.30 am to avoid traffic jam. I was sitting with a friend from KISAS, a chinese from Bintulu, boys from SAS and Damansara and two other chinese with 2 other malays don't want to sit with us - maybe they were quite nervous.

It was an eye-to-eye interview and before the interview, i went to the toilet four times. Not because of nervousness, but because the room is extremely cold.
Later, they called me. I was the second last candidate to be interviewed. There were 3 interviewers.

These are some of the questions:
- What we should call you? Zulikhwan or Ikhwan?
- So, you are from MCKK. So, please tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Why do you want to do this course?
- What do you know about risk management?
- Which universities provide this course?
- What makes MCKK different from other schools? (I ws shocked, but pretended not to show it. I just gave them the answer)
-What have you learnt from MCKK?
-What do you mean by it's a place of preparing you to survive in this world?
- What else do you learn from MCKK?
- What are some of the programmes organized by MCKK?
-What are the other programmes?

The interview ended after 20 minutes. They told me like this before I went out of the room.
' Zulikhwan, we have seen your trial result and it was great. We are afraid if we send you to local university, you will not accept it provided that you also get offers from JPA/MARA or any other better companies. This will only burden us'.

I was totally shocked to hear that. how come they say like that? Mmmmm
One more thing, they asked me more about MCKK RATHER THAN MYSELF - weird? But i think the interview went smoothly. everybody was interviewed in Malay and English, and I was the only one interviewed in Full English with that chinese girl( who doesn't know how to speak in Malay at all) from Bintulu.

I went back after that....

the result will be announced on 12 March like what Miss Sherry told me just now..... Hope I can get all As.. I need to go back to school tomorrow for the training before the North ZOne. Just cannot follow them to the North Zone because I had to take care of my sister in ICU.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i also went for the same interview on 4/march, and i was wondering were you told to take a certificate or a piece of paper from the reception counter on your way out? Best of luck for your results by the way :)
wassalam

zulikhwan said...

no... why?

Anonymous said...

i see,
besause after my interview, i asked this lady, "um kak dah boleh keluar ke kena tunggu dulu?" something like that. And she said "uh, dia ada suruh ambil certificate or paper apa apa tak?" dia tanya. I said no, and she said , oh okay,, and told me that I can leave :) hahah thats all,
thanks by d way ;)!

Anyss Han said...

assalamualaikum... sorry if this question might bother u.. did u get those scholarship after been interview... ?? i'm just google abou mnrb interview.. and suddenly turn out to be your post blog.. i'll faceing an interview tomorrow.. very nervous.. and i'm not sure what kind of question they will ask tomorrow...

Anyss Han said...

ooppss.. spelling error... upthere.. sorry.. =__="

Anonymous said...

i same as all of u will be facing an interview this 6th march ... may i ask is it mnrb will provided scholrship to same number of students every year? may u share with me if u have any information..

Anonymous said...

I called them this morning, and this year it's gonna be a paired interview :o

Anonymous said...

is that so .. thanks for ur information.. are u going to the interview this 6 march?

Anonymous said...

hello there! i want to ask, what do you bring during interview? do you bring your education certificate starting from PMR? or just the latest one such as transcript? do you get the scholarship? thanks